More Official Stuff
Official Address: Sam James Coaching, 5 Coles Way, Reepham, NR10 4LW
Terms & Conditions of Sale
- The order will be dispatched upon receipt of full payment.
- The price of the products and delivery charges will be as quoted on the website at the time of the buyers order confirmation.
- Product prices and delivery charges are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which have already been sent an Order Confirmation.
- The buyer has the right to cancel the order within 14 days of receiving the product. To cancel the order, please email email@example.com with the order reference, name and details of the order.
- The buyer will be responsible to pay for the postage to return the product.
- A refund will be issued within 14 days of receipt of the returned, undamaged product.
Sam James Coaching is a provider of Life Coaching
To see full details of Sam James’ official qualifications, please read the ‘Official Stuff’ section of my about page, here.
All advice both on this website and during one-on-one Life Coaching sessions is given in good faith and without prejudice and must be deemed appropriate by yourself.
If in doubt, please ask for clarification.
I do my utmost to make it clear when I am offering an opinion and when I am delivering facts, but sometimes I either forget or think I have made it obvious when I haven’t. If you are unsure feel free to ask me in person, or if it is a blog post, in the comments
I do not run sponsored or paid for guest posts.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Personal Data and Information Processing Policy
This policy outlines how personal information and data is collected, processed, stored and used within the business activities of Sam James Coaching. It is intended that this document will provide a breakdown of how Sam James Coaching will implement and adhere to the guidance and legislation outlined by ICO.
Collecting personal information data
Sam James is the data controller.
Sam James Coaching is a sole trader and as such does not employ any staff. Individuals who provide business support to Sam James Coaching may be involved with the data process, as data processors. Each data processor will be required to complete a Data Processor Form (see appendix 1) which will clearly outline their responsibilities and confidentiality.
Sam James Coaching collects personal information in a number of ways as outlined below:
- Website – Individuals requesting to join the mailing list. At the point of sign-up it will be clearly stated that they are providing their email address in order to receive regular newsletters providing inspiration, tips and updates regarding the services provided. The signup function is via mailchimp.
- Via online shop – when purchasing an item or a place at an event, individuals will be provided the opportunity to sign-up to the mailing list. At the point of sign-up it will be clearly stated that they are providing their email address in order to receive regular newsletters providing inspiration, tips and updates regarding the services provided. The signup function is via mailchimp.
- Promotional events. Individuals will be able to sign-up to join the mailing list via a ‘sign-up sheet’ (see appendix 2). At the point of sign-up it will be clearly stated that they are providing their email address in order to receive regular newsletters providing inspiration, tips and updates regarding the services provided.
- Coaching clients. When an individual attends for coaching, a “Client Information” (appendix 3) form is completed and a “Coaching Agreement”.as part of this process the confidentiality policy and data and personal information policy will be discussed. They will be given the opportunity to join the mailing list, by ticking the appropriate box on the “Coaching Agreement” (appendix 4)
- When Sam James Coaching receives an enquiry no personal data information is saved, unless explicit permission has been sought.
The following section will outline how information that has been collected, will be processed for the business activities of Sam James Coaching.
- Mailchimp sign-ups. All individuals who submit their personal information online, will automatically be imported to Mailchimp, via double opt-in.
- Manual sign-ups. When individuals provide their personal information via a paper sign-up form (see appendix 2) or via the coaching process (see appendix 3 & $), their name, email address and preferences will be added to Sam James Coaching Mailchimp account by the data controller or data processors. They will then receive an email requesting confirmation that they have requested to join the list.
- Coaching clients Information and Records. All coaching clients records will be added to the filing system and stored appropriately (see Storing Data).
The following section will outline how Sam James Coaching will use personal data and information:
- Mailing List. Sam James Coaching will use the mailing list to send regular newsletters to provide inspiration, tips and updates on services and products being provided. Specific mailing lists will be used to send information about specific events, as specified in the preferences.
- Coaching Clients Information. The personal information recorded as part of the coaching process, will be used for referencing during the coaching process (e.g. salient points or details of goals set) and for reflection on the process. If referred to in supervision and professional reflection, no personal identifying information (name, DOB, addresses) will be used.
The following section will outline how Sam James Coaching will store personal data and information:
- Mailing List. Mailchimp will be used to store the appropriate information regarding all individuals on the mailing list. The paper sign-up sheets (Appendix 3) will be stored in a locked filing cabinet.
- Coaching Clients Information. All coaching client records are stored in a locked filing cabinet.
Reviewing and removing data
The following section will outline how Sam James Coaching will review and remove personal information and data.
- When sending a ‘group’ email to the mailing lists, there will always be the option for individuals to update their preferences or remove themselves from the list, via a link in the footer of the email.
- When an individual requests to have their information removed from the list, this will be done and ensured it is removed from all lists. If it was via a paper sign-up sheet, it will be noted on the form that they have requested to be removed and dated
- Coaching clients records will be stored for 7 years, from the date of last contact, in a locked filing cabinet. When 7 years has lapsed, the records will be disposed of via shredding or burning.
- If an individual requests to review their coaching record, this will be arranged at the earliest convenience.
- If an individual requests removal of their coaching record within the 7 year period, Sam James Coaching will seek advice from ICO and the insurance provider, based on the individual circumstances.
If you are interested in hiring me as your Life Coach, contact me using this form.